At Huntington Creek Recovery Center in Pennsylvania, we are committed to offering the finest in compassionate, effective care to help our patients overcome their struggles with substance abuse. Therefore, we are pleased to welcome new participants into our HOPE program, our latest comprehensive, personalized treatment program for the men and women of the Northeast who have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder.
HOPE program patients will benefit from the same thorough admissions and treatment-planning processes as our other patients, and will exit our rehab center armed with a multifaceted aftercare plan to assist them in continued success after treatment. While in our care, HOPE participants will be given the same array of treatment modalities as our other guests, but will be provided with additional supports as described below.
Who is the HOPE Program for?
Adult men and women ages 18 and above are welcomed into the HOPE program if they are diagnosed with a primary substance use disorder and with possible co-occurring disorders. At our rehab center, we provide rehab for addictions to all types of substances including, but not limited to, the following:
Within the HOPE program, we also offer a full spectrum of mental health care which is designed to help patients overcome symptoms of co-occurring mental health conditions such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What types of treatment are offered in the HOPE program?
The HOPE program is a holistic blend of scientifically grounded, compassionate, person-centered care. During their stay with us, participants will have access to multiple levels of support including detoxification services, medication management, and individualized treatment planning as part of our inpatient residential program.
At Huntington Creek, the Northeast’s premier luxury rehab center, we work to ensure that each man and woman who chooses to heal with us has access to a myriad of supports to ensure that he or she is provided with interventions that will be most beneficial to them, including:
- 12-Step programming
- Individual therapy with the Primary Counselor 2 to 5 times per week
- Family therapy (scheduled as-needed and may include weekly phone conferences)
- Group therapy, including: PAWS group, Daily Tools, open therapy groups, psychotherapy groups, reflection groups, relapse prevention groups, disease concept education, Didactic lecture, 12-Step workshops, humor group, music group, brainwave entrainment, and more
- Experiential therapy
- Medication management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational interviewing
Our chosen interventions focus on naturally promoting healthy brain functioning in an effort to help repair the damage that drugs and/or alcohol has done to brain chemistry and neurotransmitters, endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine.
Group therapy and experiential therapy comprise a large part of the day in the HOPE program because we, at Huntington Creek, believe in the power of community and in the strength of sharing experiences. During their stay, our patients have access to many different types of group therapy, covering topics such as: relapse, trauma, program tools, coping skills, defense mechanisms, post-acute withdrawal, family issues, the 12-Steps, mental health issues, spirituality, and more.
Throughout the course of rehab, patients may attend experiential counseling groups which marry the energy of both the body and mind to promote deep, lasting healing. HOPE program participants will also have access to the following experiential therapeutic experiences (weather- and medical clearance-permitting):
- High ropes course
- Low Ropes Course
- Exercise classes
- Art classes
- Music therapy
- Outdoor wilderness challenges
- Legacy projects
- Hiking trips
- Off campus-field trips weekly to include: horseback riding, hiking, mountain bike trips, indoor rock climbing, bowling trips, mini-golf, and more
A Typical Day in the HOPE Program
Individuals who are new to the recovery and the rehab process may feel nervous about entering residential care, not knowing what to expect. But we believe that each participant should know what to anticipate upon arriving at Huntington Creek, and we welcome any questions that you may have about what life is like within the HOPE program, or any of our other treatment tracks. The following outlines a typical day for HOPE program participants, and is intended to provide a general overview:
- Each morning, patients wake up, and enjoy a 15 minute morning stretch to start the day
- Next, breakfast is served, and is followed by tools for the day
- Participants then attend various open therapy group with counselors, followed by a break for lunch
- After lunch, HOPE participants begin experiential therapies (see above)
- Then, participants can recharge with a structured recreational activity, before taking a break to eat dinner
- During the final hours of the day, participants again attend 12-Step lectures, other groups, and brainwave entrainment
- Lastly, participants are encouraged to reflect on the day before retiring to bed for the night
At Huntington Creek in Pennsylvania, we know that making the choice to begin the path toward recovery is an incredibly brave, and at times daunting, choice. But know that you need not travel this journey alone. The experienced, professional staff at Huntington Creek’s HOPE program is available to assist you or a loved one in beginning a new, drug and alcohol-free life, starting now.