We understand that the prospect of seeking treatment can be intimidating. But we’ve purposely designed our admissions process and recovery experience to be streamlined and well supported. Let us help you start the process today.
Our Admissions Criteria
In choosing Huntington Creek Recovery Center as the place to defeat an addiction to alcohol and/or other addictive substances, you or someone you care about will come to know our dedication to helping individuals in any and every way that we can. This dedication is first experienced during the very first call to our center. Our team of compassionate admissions professionals is available by phone until 11 p.m. 7 days per week to answer any initial questions that the caller may have and to review the following admissions criteria:
- Prospective patients for our adult residential program must be at least 18 years of age or older. Huntington Creek Recovery Center welcomes both men and women to partake in our world class programming. We offer specialized group options for those 65+ while also offering additional medical attention as needed to meet the needs of this population.
- Prospective patients for our residential adolescent program must be ages 13-18.
- Individuals appropriate for our care must be grappling with a primary substance abuse problem. We will accept men and women who are also suffering from co-occurring mental health concerns, but an addiction to substances is required for admission to our center.
- We do require that all patients are mobile and able to actively participate in our interventions. Therefore, at this time, we are not able to accommodate those who are not ambulatory.
Pertinent Information We Gather
Upon reviewing our admissions criteria, our admissions staff will then gather pertinent information about the potential patient. This information includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Basic demographic information, including the potential patient’s name, address, and birthdate
- A general history of drug use, including the drug(s) used, length of time the drug(s) has been used, and the amount consumed
- Family history
- Legal history
- Medical history
- Mental health history
- Treatment history
Additionally, our staff will assess the patient’s motivation for change, inquire about the individual’s intended method of payment and financial responsibility, and determine how the individual will be transported to our center. Once this portion of the admissions process is complete, and after it is determined that an individual’s needs can be sufficiently met by the programming offered here at Huntington Creek Recovery Center, the individual can then be officially admitted to Huntington Creek Recovery Center.
When You Arrive at Our Center
At Huntington Creek Recovery Center, we accept new patients 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Upon arrival to our center, individuals meet with the devoted members of our nursing department in order determine if detoxification services, or detox, is required. Our nurses will check the new patient’s vital signs, collect a urine sample for a drug screen, and assess the type of detox that best meets the individual’s treatment needs. Once these steps have been accomplished, the newly admitted patient will then be shown to his or her room, assigned a primary therapist and a buddy, and provided with a welcome package that includes various books, a program schedule, and information about the rights and responsibilities of patients.
From the moment a new patient steps foot on our property, every effort will be made to ensure that he or she is comfortable and welcomed in the warmest way possible. Even after being shown his or her room, our staff checks in with the individual to make sure that he or she is acclimating well to his or her new environment. The new patient will be shown where programming takes place, and benefits from having a buddy onsite who can also show him or her where things are on our campus.
If you or your loved one would like to partake in the top-notch services offered here at Huntington Creek Recovery Center, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our staff is happy to speak with you about the services we offer and can begin the process of admissions right over the phone. Do not let addiction control the direction of your or your loved one’s life. Call us today and begin the journey toward the healthier and happier drug-free life that you both desire and deserve.